Monday, February 11, 2013

The Day After

My wife and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day early this year. Yesterday after church, Grandpa and Grandma Hettman took Carlee Joy for the day and we were free for an old school date day. Went to one of my favorite restaraunts-Famous Dave's for lunch. Ate too much. Then my wife and I went bowling. I'm one of those guys that is a 50% germaphobe and so I have a hard time putting my fingers in the holes of the bowling ball, but I survived by both of my games getting into triple digits. YES THAT IS A GOOD GAME FOR ME. Went to our favorite coffee stand, took a stroll through Target, picked up Carlee  and then ended the night with a movie. A wonderful day with the love of my life.

Oh, and in the morning we planted a church.

It is starting to dawn on me the journey that God has laid out for me and my family. I couldn't think of any other word to describe The Launch yesterday then 'blessed'. We have received so much support from our Nazarene District, other pastors, friends and family. God knew exactly what we needed and where it would come from.

We are starting The Rescue with a sermon series called, 'The Light-A Journey Through John'. There is a certain amount of responsibility that comes with being a pastor to lead a group of people to God. My hope and prayer in the days to come would be that we don't lose sight of The Light. From those of you who were there last Sunday, I hope you understood that we are here to speak the name of Jesus. We will not glorify 'The Rescue' or Pastor Cory or even our ministries-we are here to glorify Jesus.

John 1:14, 'The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.'

Have a Blessed Week,
PC

No comments:

Post a Comment