Thursday, September 12, 2013

Clarity


Clarity…
The state or appearance of being clear. I would have to say that the first 20 or so years of my life I had the appearance of being clear. I gave my life to Jesus at a young age, enjoyed going to church, and lived a life that would convince most people that I was a Christian. But what was I doing? Just like every senior at the end of this high school year will ask-what am I going to do?
I think for most Christians this question leads to the appearance of clearness while at the same time mediocrity takes over their unconscious faith.
For myself, this past year has been a time of clarity in my life. I realize that this blog has looked more like a church update page, but I must tell you something important that happened in my life through the planting of The Rescue Church. God called me back to my first love of Jesus Christ. Too long we have just agreed with or tolerated the words of Jesus. I have come to believe that the words of Jesus were a poem of love for you and me.
My faith, my life, my family, my relationships have become so much more clear when I started to love Jesus again. I’ve always loved Jesus, but have you deeply loved Jesus-where you think about Him constantly? Through clarity comes mission and purpose. As Christians our mission should revolve around the love that has been given to us. For me, and those at The Rescue, we have decided that means to preach Jesus. Every week. At all costs.
Why must I talk to people about Jesus?
Isaiah 42:7, 'To open blind eyes, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.' Seems like a pretty good reason. But who do you know sitting in a dungeon? Again, clarity issue. We have looked at this world for so long through the OK lense. Everything is OK. You don’t want anything to do with Jesus, that’s OK. You’d rather live a life of sin, that’s OK. I understand you’re struggling with your faith, but it’s OK.
The message, the Gospel of Jesus, becomes much more clear when we realize that souls are in bondage. There is work to be done, and that has given me clarity. There are those who need to hear about Jesus, and that’s given me clarity. I love Jesus, and that has given me clarity. 

If you would like Jesus and the clarity He provides, I'd like to invite you to church on Sunday. 
www.rescuesumner.org

-PC

No comments:

Post a Comment