Monday, March 31, 2014

It Is Time

'Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?' Gal. 4:16

We've all been there. We get fired up by the Holy Spirit of God. Most likely at church on Sunday, go home, decide who we're going to tell about Jesus. Knock on their door, AND....
Rejected.
Wait, what?!?! Jesus is everything! How in the world can't they accept a message of real, true freedom? And now, more than anything, I feel like their enemy for telling them about Jesus. We become timid, guilty, embarrassed. I know, because I've been there. Why is it that we feel like we are on God's Roller Coaster sometimes?
I can tell you this-it's not God's fault, it's ours. I need to realize that if I knock on 100 doors and 1 gives their life to Christ-it's a celebration!! But am I willing, or strong enough, to knock on 100 doors? That's really the question. I think it's time our actions start pouring out from our love for God.
Ready for some truth? We need to evangelize. Not better or more-we need to START!!
Let me see if I can get some zeal for the Almighty God rushing through your veins.
John 15:7-9 is simply awesome.
'If you abide in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given to you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.' 
God is wanting us to bear fruit. He is waiting for His army to rise and take on this world with the Good News of Jesus Christ! We are his disciples! We have a Father who loves us! Whatever we ask, it will be given to us!! And so it is time. 

Lord, we ask for revival. 

-PC (Pastor Cory)
pastorcory@rescuesumner.org
www.rescuesumner.org

No comments:

Post a Comment